The price of diesel fuel is a large factor in the cost of pick up and delivery service, and fuel price has been constantly increasing at rather abnormal rate. When fuel price goes up, we apply Fuel Surcharge that is calculated as percentage of pick up and delivery fees and that percentage is determined based on Fuel Cost in the market as shown in the chart listed below. When Fuel price goes down hopefully in the near future, we will likewise adjust the percentage used to calculate the amount of Fuel Surcharge based on that chart.
We update the percentage to be applied through the end of each month on the very first day of each month using the Fuel Index of Monday in 3rd week of previous month. The fuel index, published by the Energy Information Administration of the U.S. Department of Energy, is available through their web site at Energy Information Administration
Pick Up & Delivery Service as part of International Air Freight Forwarding
2017 Applicable Fuel Surcharges
- Applicable Fuel Surcharge for June 2017
- Applicable Fuel Surcharge for May 2017
- Applicable Fuel Surcharge for April 2017
- Applicable Fuel Surcharge for March 2017
- Applicable Fuel Surcharge for February 2017
- Applicable Fuel Surcharge for January 2017
2011 – 2016 Applicable Fuel Surcharges
- Applicable Fuel Surcharge -2016
- Applicable Fuel Surcharge-2015
- Applicable Fuel Surcharge -2014
- Applicable Fuel Surcharge – 2013
- Applicable Fuel Surcharge – 2012
- Applicable Fuel Surcharges – 2011
Land Freight Fuel Surcharge
- The Land Freight Fuel Surcharge is calculated by using the US Department of Energy’s average diesel fuel prices (http://www.eia.gov/petroleum/gasdiesel/). The surcharge goes into effect on the Tuesday following the diesel fuel price released every Monday. The FSC will remain in effect through the following Monday.
- Land Freight Diesel Fuel Update
- NEU IMDL FSC Table
- NEU FTL FSC Table
- NEU LTL FSC Table
International Air Freight Fuel Surcharge*
- International air freight fuel surcharge rates are determined by the origin and destination country of each shipment.
- IATA Platts Jet Fuel index 2011
Ocean Rate Structure Pricing Notes
- Nippon Express Group Ocean Cargo Division passes on surcharges imposed by carriers and port authorities. As required by these conditions, and in compliance with FMC regulations, Nippon Express USA Ocean Cargo Division publishes the corresponding rate adjustments in its applicable tariffs.
- TPEB Surcharge effective Mar 1, 2017 English
- TPEB Surcharge effective Mar 1, 2017 Japanese
- TPWB Surcharge effective Mar 1, 2017 English
- TPWB Surcharge effective Mar 1, 2017 Japanese
* All fuel surcharge percentages and thresholds are subject to change without prior notice.
I HAVE AN EMERGENCY!
If you need immediate assistance from a Nippon Express customer care representative, we can be reached By Email or By Phone 1-800-896-9633.